When I joined school four years back, I was immediately drawn to a colleague of mine (like many others, as I realized shortly). Here’s why I felt the pull:
- Her enthusiasm and positivity rubbed off on you
- She was your 4 AM friend
- She had an energy that would put the energizer bunny to shame
- She instantly forged deep bonds with people in her own charming and fun way
- She sent me late-night messages when she cracked any homework problem
In short, she epitomized a Enneagram 3 wing 2 personality.
The awareness about the Enneagram type goes a long way to gaining more understanding about ourselves and others. People with the same Enneagram type can exhibit different traits. The difference in our behavior is influenced by the wings of our Enneagram type.
We generally use an acronym (as compared to the complete phrase) while discussing dominant Enneagram personality and wing types.
For instance, when reading 3w2, 3 signifies the Enneagram personality type number, while w denotes wing. The Enneagram wing type number is denoted by 2. During verbal communication, 3w2 would be said as ‘three with a two wing’ or ‘three wing two’.
A 3w2 Enneagram description reads as a type three with a two wing. Hence, the Enneagram 3 wing 2 individual displays attributes of type 2 wing in their personalities. Structural Enneagram describes a three personality as The Pioneer.
3w2 is full of ambition but also displays care towards others in action and thoughts.
Enneagram 3 w 2 type is fiercely goal oriented. The impact of two wing on a type three makes them more focused on their work. They excel at whatever work they choose to do. Their driving force in life is a desire to succeed at work.
They can read others, and it is fun to have them around. Their zeal and energy are super infectious. It makes others fall in love with them immediately.
- They possess excellent communication skills.
- Their loving personality can rub off on others too.
- They carry an empathetic heart.
- They are known for lending a helping hand to everyone around.
- They focus on achieving their targets and goals.
- They can charm their way into making new friends.
- They are scared of failure.
- They worry about not being worthy of love and being rejected by peers.
- They want to validate their desire to be admired and prove worthy of others’ attention.
Enneagram type 3 wing 2 are often found to take emotional decisions as they belong to the Heart Triad. Look around, and you will be certain to spot a nice guy with Enneagram 3w2 traits in your circle.
Television, singing, movies, sports—check out these famous faces who are the poster boys and girls for type 3w2 Enneagram.
- Oprah Winfrey
- Taylor Swift
- Andre Agassi
- Michael Jordan
- Tom Cruise
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
Enneagram 3w2 is result and goal oriented. They make use of their communication skills, charm and political skills to attain their goals. Enneagram 2w3 are concerned about acceptance and admiration. They are able to gain others’ affection through a pragmatic approach and their own ability.
While Enneagram 3 wing 2 displays a practical image, 2 wing 3 are more emotional by nature. 3 w 2 type do not like anything to hinder their performance, while 2 w 2 take pleasure in name and fame.
Enneagram threes hanker after admiration and acceptance.
- 3w2 Enneagram type is a go-getter who wants to achieve success and acceptance by peers. 3w4 type Enneagram cherishes their genuineness.
- Threes with a two wing are full of warmth and care, whereas threes with a four wing turn out to be pompous.
- Enneagram 3w2 likes to be known for work achievements. Enneagram 3w4 derives satisfaction in overall accomplishments. The 3w4 type is an individualist.
- Threes with a two wing is an extrovert who enjoys social life, while threes with a four wing is an introvert with a rich personal life.
Here is a deeper dive done by Dr. Tom LaHue:
3w2 maintains specific goals while forging relationships too. They like a partner who is desirable and enviable so as to leave an impression on others via their romance.
With their inherent charm, 3w2 would fare better as an entrepreneur.
Curating and presenting news from around the world and a taste in fashion! Perfect fit for a news anchor profile combined with their superb communication skills.
Enneagram 3 w 2s like to help people and give back to society at large. A politician’s role would bring accolades and glory to this wing type.
Driven by work goals and a golden heart to help others — an advertising consultant role goes well with the 3w2 Enneagram.
Type 3w2 are known as the Pioneers of the Enneagram. 3w2 Enneagram characters are described as motivated, powerful and forceful. Their interest is to reach their goals.
Enneagram 3 w 2 shows interest in merit, pursuing goals and attaining an ideal level of success. On the flip side, their self-driven personality hides their weakness and trustworthiness.
Learning about your Enneagram type and wings helps in resolving our inner turmoil and conflicts. We can even leverage the impact of the wing’s influence to our advantage.