Knowing your Enneagram type will help you navigate through life with some ease. However, that is not sufficient. It makes a striking difference to realize the wing of your type since it can have a powerful influence on your primary personality type.
Read on to discover whether you are an Enneagram type 4 wing 3. We will cover its description and discuss the characters, relationships and careers. We will also compare 4w3, 3w4, and 4w5.
Those with an Enneagram type four wing three personalities are likely to identify the most with the traits of type four but may also display type three traits. Type fours are known as ‘Flying Solo’, whereas type threes are known as ‘The Pioneer’.
While fours connect deeply with their emotions and heavily focus on their internal posture, type threes are known to be charming and self-assured. There is an overlap of some behavioral tendencies across both types.
Enneagram 4w3s are known as the ‘Rebel Rockstar’. They display productive and energetic behavior and have the desire to present as expressive and unique. They wish to make an impact on society.
All Enneagram types display certain strengths and weaknesses along with core desires and fears.
- They are in tune with their own emotions and are able to empathize with others.
- They are adept at thinking efficiently and creatively.
- They have a drive for success. They are able to move towards making their dreams come true.
- They consistently display authenticity and genuineness.
- They are too heavily focused on their image.
- They battle with feelings of insecurity.
- When they are stressed, they are prone to displaying public and dramatic outbursts.
- They have a propensity towards seeking the approval of outsiders.
- They are not able to articulate intuitive beliefs and feelings.
- This type seeks to be successful and unique.
- They desire a harmonious balance between their external success and their internal hopes.
- They desire to create an impact with the help of emotionally attuned work.
- 4w3 Enneagram fears that their uniqueness will not be noticed if they do not succeed and have a public achievement to show for it.
- They fear giving up authenticity for the sake of a fake version of themselves.
- They fear being viewed as unsophisticated.
- They fear being viewed as strange and lacking impact.
Relationships involving this type will display growth and energy. They will show attentiveness to their partner. Since they are driven towards success, the trait will be evident in relationships as well.
4w3 relationships will thrive when they involve partners that understand the drive and the need for such individuals to create a unique identity. Due to their laser-sharp focus on achieving as many goals as possible, the partners need to remember that Enneagram 4w3 is not likely to compromise without any returns.
However, on the flip side, they are highly sentimental. This will lend the relationship energetic and romantic tendencies.
Enneagram 4 wing 3 individuals tend to be creative and ambitious. They excel in career paths that give them room to explore their creativity and allow them to form connections with others.
Some of the possible career paths for Enneagram 4 w 3 include:
- Motivational Speaker
- Dance or music instructor
Four wing threes are not likely to work as analysts, researchers or machinists. However, the career list is not definitive. There are additional careers outside the recommended category that are equally successful.
Instead of displaying prominent traits of ambition, 4w3s show more creativity. On the other hand, 3w4s channel this creative side into achieving things.
The primary distinction between the two lies in their core traits. While 4w3s primarily display Enneagram type 4 traits mixed with a few type 3 traits, 3w4s are ruled by Enneagram type 3 traits with a few type 4 traits.
When comparing 4w3 and 4w5, the main difference lies in their focus abilities. While 4w3 is ambitious and heavily career-focused, 4w5 is more investigative and introspective.
4w5s introspective tendency may result in rising emotions at times. However, unlike 4w3s, their method of dealing with it is more practical.
As a 4w3, you likely share personality traits with some of these interesting characters and celebrities.
- Squidward Tentacles (yes, from SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Jules Vaughn (from Euphoria)
- Jade West (from Victorious)
- Willy Wonka
- Kanye West
- Lady Gaga
- David Bowie
Actors like Winona Ryder and singers like Elton John also have 4w3 personalities.
This personality is an interesting mix of type 3 and type 4 personalities. While you might find a little of yourself in various personality types, only one will be your core personality. We hope this article helped you learn more about it!